Beautiful, long, shiny and bouncy hair is what every woman dreams of. Apart from shampooing and using a good conditioner massaging your scalp with natural hair oil is also important. Hair oil not only maintains the strength of the hair, but also stimulates their growth and reduces hair fall.
Now the question arises which hair oil to choose?
Every individual is different and their hair qualities and hair problems are different. In this article, I am listing few natural hair oils along with their properties. These natural oils moisturize your scalp, prevents dandruff, hair fall and early greying of the hair. You can choose any one of them according to their availability in your area and your budget.
List of natural hair oils:
- Coconut oil-It is most widely used natural hair oil. It makes your hair healthy, Soft and lustrous. It is rich in antioxidants, Lauric acid and vitamin E. It penetrates deep into the hair follicles and promotes the growth of hair. It moisturizes the hair and prevents it from damage, split ends and breakage. It also acts as a natural hair conditioner.
Mix coconut oil with curry leaves, crushed bottle guard, Neem leaves and crushed gooseberries. Boil the mixture. Strain the preparation and store it in a bottle. Apply this preparation on your hair and scalp. Massage for a few hours before washing your hair.
In a month, you will get rid of all hair problems and your hair will grow faster.
- Castor oil- Castor oil is rich in vitamin E, minerals and proteins. Owing antibacterial and antifungal properties it removes dandruff. It also contains linoleic acid that relieves inflammation. Massage your scalp with castor oil to improve the blood circulation. This will promote the hair growth. Castor oil helps to retain the moisture and thus keeps the hairs soft.If your scalp is dry, then massaging regularly with this hair oil will make your hair thick, healthy, shiny and dandruff free.
- Almond oil- Due to the presence of both monounsaturated fatty acids and saturated fats it is slightly denser. Its high density seals the hair and protects it from damage. It is best recommended for split ends and dry scalp.
- Canola oil – If you want to get rid of frizzy hair and breakage, then massage your scalp with warm canola oil every alternate day. This oil is rich in monounsaturated fats and is very cheap.
- Sunflower oil- It contains omega-3 fatty acids and gamma linoleic acid. The emollient property of this oil makes it most preferable hair conditioner. It makes your hair soft and prevents the breakage.
- Olive oil- Olive oil is high in vitamin E and antioxidants. It acts as a moisturizer. By penetrating deep into the hair shaft it coats it and locks the moisture. It is a natural conditioner that makes your hair soft, shiny and smooth. Its anti-inflammatory property helps to get rid of dandruff and reduces hair fall.
- Argan Oil – It not only moisturizes hair, but also keeps the scalp hydrated. By penetrating deep into the hair shaft it locks the moisture and nourishes the roots. If you are suffering from split ends you can go for this oil. Being rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin F it repairs hair damage. If you have damaged your hair due to styling Argan oil is a good option to regain hair strength, shine and luster.
- Jojoba oil- It is like natural hair, sebum and does not interfere with the natural balance of the scalp. It is rich in Vitamin A, B1, B6, B2, monounsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E. It has anti-microbial properties, thus prevents dandruff. It also strengthens the hair.
- Sesame oil- Owing to its anti-microbial properties sesame oil helps to get rid of dandruff and other scalp infections. Massage scalp with warm sesame oil to nourish it.
- Bhringraj oil- False daisy oil and sesame oil and mixed together to make Bhringraj oil. It prevents hair loss, early greying of hair and promotes hair growth.
- Avocado oil- It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that penetrates deeply. It is a light hair oil and is rich in lecithin, vitamin A, E, D, B6 and proteins. It nourishes the scalp and protects hair from damage.
- Grapeseed oil- It is non-greasy hair oil. It is rich in Linoleic acid and Vitamin E.
- Safflower oil- This oil contains omega-6 fatty and Oleic acid polyunsaturated. It has the property to penetrate deep into the scalp and nourishes it.
- Pomegranate seed oil- Being rich in punicic acid, antioxidants and essential oils it not only nourishes hair but also repairs the damage. It makes your hair smooth, shiny and silky.
- Gooseberry oil- It is also called as Amla oil. It is a great conditioner, repairs damage and prevents premature greying of the hair
For best results apply any of the above hair oil and Massage for 15 to 20 minutes. Leave it overnight and then wash your hair next day with a mild shampoo.